Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
I hope this mail finds you all well.
TY students are very busy. Just to give you a flavour we have as well as our normal school timetable, work experience and extracurricular activities been involved in:
- AIB Build a bank interviews
- Launched the Student Life Summit at Northern trust
- Had two (of three) Whizzkids film workshops partly sponsored by Derg Credit Union
- Had a talk from the Credit Union
- Had a talk from the Irish Heart Foundation
- Been sailing
- Launched our fashion show
- Planned our tea dance
- Had a chess masterclass
- Collected for the Irish Wheelchair Association
- Had our sports leader training programme
- Had a talk from Shannon College of Hotel Management
- Auditions for School musical
- Tea dance tomorrow night from 7:30-10:30p.m. at the school, tickets still available at only €5. Open to all ages. A great night guaranteed. Complimentary tea, coffee and sandwiches will be served.
- This Friday 17th TY 2 and 4 will attend the Student Life Summit in UL. Students have been given letters. Please return permission slips ASAP. If your son/daughter is currently on work experience on Fridays there will be an alternative activity for them in the new year on a Friday.
- Careers Fair next week Thursday 23rd . I am still open to offers from any parents who would be willing to talk to students informally about their career on this day. Please get in touch (061 620087) if you are available from 1:30-3:50 next Thursday 23rd.
- Final Whizzkids film workshop Tuesday 28th
- Fashion Show November 30th at the Lakeside Hotel beginning with a wine and finger food reception at 7:30p.m. Many of your sons/daughters are working on this event either modelling or organising and we urge you to support it. All profits will go towards refurbishing the existing buildings in line with our new extension. Tickets available from school reception €15 adult, €10 student.
- Christmas Concert and Craft Fair December 5th
- I wish conference in January in Cork for female TY students. All girls need to return this permission slips asap to secure a place at this high demand conference. Information on the event can be found on this link http://www.iwish.ie/ I Wish is an initiative to inspire, encourage and motivate young secondary school female students to pursue careers in STEM.
- Mog Car safety demo
- Law talk
- I have attached a general TY permission slip for the many activities they are involved in, these have also been distributed to the students. I would be grateful if these could be returned to my post box at reception soon.
- As outlined in my previous email I am seeking the opinions of parents on TY Graduation Ceremony. I am pasting a link below for you to complete a brief survey. This is your chance to have your say on what happens this year so please take the opportunity to complete it.
- We have become aware that an external company is arranging a TY Ball in the West County Hotel for many local schools. This appears to be a private enterprise targeting students directly. This ball has nothing to do with St. Anne’s and we urge you to discuss this with your son/daughter. It has not been approved by the school.
- All students are working on creating promotional films for Derg Credit Union. Students should have all work complete for this by Monday 27thwhich is a staff training day as advised in recent school mail update.
- TY 2 and 4 begin work experience in January and should complete all relevant forms on the school website and download forms for their employers. Risk assessments must be completed in advance of the placement and returned to me at school. If any student requires Garda vetting they need to speak to me urgently about this.
- TY 1 and 3 will soon be completing their weekly placements and each student should out of courtesy write a card, letter or email to thank their employer.
- If your son/daughter is in TY 2 or 4 please return permission slip for Friday.
- Permission slips for Female students for the I wish Conference. Boys will have an alternative activity on this day.
- Return attached general permission slip
- Complete Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Pay remainder of fees and voluntary contribution if there is any outstanding.
- Discuss TY Ball with your son/daughter
- Seek work placements for block weeks
- Prepare/Send thank you letters (if in TY 1/3)
- Complete paperwork for weekly work placements if inTY2/4
As ever if you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch,