Home » About » School Information

School Information

St. Anne’s Community College, Killaloe, is a very modern co-educational post primary school which was completed in 1987. The present buildings replaced the old St. Anne’s Secondary School on Convent Hill which had been providing Secondary education since 1945.

St. Anne’s Community College stands on a fifteen acre site in Clarisford which was purchased by the Parents Council in 1978. The school is built on approximately seven acres and the remaining area has been developed for games and sports facilities. St. Anne’s is ideally located in a quiet rural area, providing a suitable tranquil environment, conducive to study and education.

Since opening in 1987, the school at Clarisford has expanded, with sixteen general classrooms and thirteen specialist rooms fully equipped to meet the educational needs of students. October 2002 saw the opening of a new wing to the school which enables St. Anne’s to cater for specialist teaching of languages, music and creative skills in a modern, bright, purpose built extension to the college.

A further extension was completed in May 2012 and there are plans for another extension due to increasing numbers which we hope will be completed in 2018.

Current Facilities Include:

  • Science Laboratories (3)
  • Music Room
  • Home Economics Room
  • Technical Graphics Room (2)
  • Art Room
  • Language Laboratory
  • Woodwork Studies/Construction Room
  • Religion Room
  • Library
  • Reflection Room
  • P.E. Hall
  • Dining Area
  • 2 Playing Pitches
  • 4 Basketball Courts
  • New Astroturf Pitch (All Weather pitch)

Tweets

Twitter Tweets Powered By Weblizar