Home » Other
Category Archives: Other
From ‘what is this sport?’ to starting for Ireland at the World Championships in 18 months, Maeve Óg O Leary gave a fantastic interview about her experiences in sport and how to grab every opportunity possible during Transition Year.
For a copy of the article see below:
Wishing all our students, staff, parents and friends a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year.
We have reached the half way mark in Transition Year. It has been jam packed! I was ‘cleaned out’ by the students at the amazing trade fair on Wednesday. Well done on all the hard work developing the products and services. Those skills developed will stand to you. TY students were in the Waterman’s lodge yesterday bringing Christmas cheer in the form of song and dance. Our first school bank was launched yesterday and was a huge success. Well done to all on a great terms work.
Please note the following for the new year:
- Students will have a new timetable from the 8th January. This timetable will be given to students on the first morning back. All students should assemble in the dining area at 9a.m.
- TY 2 and 4 students MUST return their risk assessment forms to me prior to beginning their Friday placement on January 12th. All forms, dates and information are on the transition year section of the school website. Please note these forms will not look right on a phone. You should use a computer to view/print. All TYs who have completed their placements should send a thank you card or email to their employers as a matter of courtesy.
- All TY students must be in school every day and in full school uniform including the school jacket. Notes for any absences should be submitted to the office.
- Our second school bank is currently recruiting. Students can fill the attached application form and leave in my post box at reception. I recommend those students who have not tried anything new this year to at least complete a form and have the experience of an interview.
- In the New Year students will avail of a Car safety demonstration, a second Enterprise workshop , I wish girls STEM event, Rowing coaching course, horseriding, YSI Showcase and much more.
- I am still awaiting further parental input on TY graduation so please if you have a strong opinion now is the time to express it on the link below
- Complete Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPLWV68
- Pay remainder of fees and voluntary contribution if there is any outstanding.
- Seek work placements for block weeks
- Complete paperwork for weekly work placements if in TY2/4
- Prepare/Send thank you letters (if in TY 1/3)
- And finally put the date below in your diary……
The annual St. Anne’s trade fair took place today in the school hall. There was a wide range of products on sale which made suitable Christmas stocking fillers. The event was generously supported by both staff and students. TY’s are now preparing for the Clare County Enterprise Finals taking place in March.
It’s that time of year again. Tonight saw the return of the Christmas Concert and it did not disappoint. The music classes from 1st year to Leaving cert all performed medleys of music they are learning in class. We were also treated to some fantastic performances by last years talent show winner, Eoghan Power, a Riverdance performance by Katelyn and Calum, the traditional music group performed a medley of tunes as well as performances from many other wonderfully talented students. Both the students, teachers and parents who attended were very impressed by the amount of talent on display.
Thanks to Ms. Ryan our talented music teacher for preparing the students and all the other members of staff and students who helped out on the night.
Pictures are available by clicking here or in the Gallery.